- Sometimes people think of church as being like a giant helicopter. They don’t want to get too close in case the get sucked into the rotas!
- Some people say ‘I really want to be used!’ But if you ask them to put the chairs out they say, ‘Now I’m just being used!’
- A perfect church would be a community of hermits.
- Why don’t you turn to the person sat next to you and say… ‘This is really embarrassing isn’t it?’
- Who was it that said that brilliant thing about being conceited? Oh yes, it was me!
- Sometimes I feel like Joseph at the inn in Bethlehem holding a crib of straw and saying, ‘No, I asked to see the manager!’
- There’s a fine line between being different to everyone else, and just being a weirdo!
- Sometimes religion can seem like the last person in a long game of Chinese whispers. Once Jesus said ‘Love God and each other’, and now we have Easter Bunny!
10 Second Sermons by Milton Jones