Peter in Acts 2:14-42
2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
- Skips small talk, likes to get right to the point
- Has strong opinions and convictions
- Be sure to use tact when talking about issues of faith to keep others from becoming unnecessarily offended.
- Be careful of coming on too strong (listen for the Holy Spirit).
- Avoid judging or laying guilt trips on others who approach evangelism with a different style.
Suggestions for using and developing this style
- Ask friends for feedback about whether or not you have the right balance of boldness and gentleness. Keep in mind Paul’s phrase in Ephesians 4, “speaking the truth in love.” Both truth and love are essential.
- Practice the principle of “putting others first.” It is critical that you listen and value what others say before telling them what you think they need to hear.
- Team up with friends who have other styles that may be better matched to the personality of the person you hope to reach.